How To Execute Targeted LinkedIn Ads
LinkedIn offers one of the best lead generation opportunities in the world of social media. They have even said themselves: “LinkedIn is the #1 Social Media Network For Lead Generation”.
Targeted LinkedIn Ads
The best advertising strategy you can use on LinkedIn is by creating a campaign that is as targeted as possible. LinkedIn allows you to do this through targeting:
- By company type
- By Job title
- By Industry
- By employee count
- By region
- By skill
- By age
- and much more!
You can target just about any company you want to and can be as specific as you want to.
When you advertise on LinkedIn, you also have the option to connect with anyone who interacts with your ads, this includes anyone who likes, shares or comments on your post.
Have a look at the targeted advertising plan I used on LinkedIn.
With this plan, I was as specific as I wanted to be without spending money on the clicks that did not matter.
LinkedIn Ads: In-Feed Banner Ad
The first phase of my targeted LinkedIn advertising plan is to create eye-catching banners which will be placed in the feed. Here is a step-by-step description of how I used this plan:
- Create In-Feed Banners For LinkedIn (I created a few variations to test).
- I connected with anyone who likes, comments or shares on my ads.
- Anyone who clicks on the ads will be directed to my landing page.
- I then had a phase 2 plan which involved using Google display ads to take advantage of Google’s network of over 2 million websites.
Remarketing With Google Display Ads
After implementing my ads on LinkedIn and getting people to click and visit my website, I planned to remarket to the visitors if they did not make an enquiry or buy something! To do this, I created a remarketing list in my Adwords account and only included the people who visited my specific landing pages.
Here is a step-by-step breakdown of my plan:
- Add anyone who does not make an enquiry or buy something to an Adwords remarketing group.
- Advertise to them using display ads on any website they visit
- Have them visit a variation of the previous landing page with an offer to entice them.
- Keep them in the remarketing group for 7 days to avoid spamming.
How To Advertise on LinkedIn
As you can see, this is a very straightforward and effective approach to targeted LinkedIn ads. In essence, it is basically:
- Show your prospect how good your product is on LinkedIn.
- Let them see it on your website.
- Let them see it on another website if the are not convinced.
- Let them buy it.
You should also A/B test your landing pages to make sure that you are using the right CTA, copy and heading combinations that are most likely to convert.
There you have it. You can download the image above and show to your boss, it is a very clear and straightforward explanation of how targeted ads on LinkedIn should work.
Check out our other LinkedIn guides here.