60 Awe-Inspiring Yoga Quotes To Motivate You
Yoga quotes serve a very important purpose, they inspire and motivate you to get back into healthy habits.
Wouldn’t it be nice to be a perfect yogi? We all desire to have baby skin, a perpetual smile, and ever-lasting happiness. In spite of this burning desire, each one of us suffers low days.
Though the following yoga quotes may not make you a perfect yogi, they will add some sunshine to your practice. Go ahead and enjoy them!Yoga is peace. Yoga is love. Yoga is friendship. It adds to your beauty. It fulfills your needs. It enhances your feelings. It makes you wiser. Let us unite for love and peace. – Gandhi Click To Tweet
1. Fantasy never works when you shift from reality – Yogi Bhajan
2. Yoga creates music in your life. The soul becomes harmonious, the mind melodious and the body rhythmical. – BKS Iyengar
3. Change is inevitable. Create room for it. – Kathryn Budig
4. You should not fear change. Welcome it, for it is bound to happen. Without change, life would be very boring. You would never be the person you aspire to be. – BKS Iyengar
5. Feeling good inside is your right. It is important that you work towards it. – Erich Schiffmann.
6. Yoga is a work-in as opposed to a workout. It teaches us to open our hearts, to focus our energies, to become our very best. – Rolf Gates.
7. You are the blue sky. Everything else is beneath you. – Pema Chodron.
8. Yoga is all about addition. The yogi adds strength, energy, and beauty to their soul, mind, and body. – Amit Ray.
9. Yoga gives you direction. “Abyhasa” is at the core of its practice. Your heart becomes steady to take your desired bearing. – Sally Kempton
10. Yoga is peace. Yoga is love. Yoga is friendship. It adds to your beauty. It fulfills your needs. It enhances your feelings. It makes you wiser. Let us unite for love and peace. – Gandhi
11. Photography has its roots in yoga. Just as you pose for the photographer, yoga requires that you pose for yourself! – BKS Iyengar
12. A yogi must be active. A lazy person will never succeed. Regular practice is the name of the game. – Hatha Yoga Pradipika.
13. Yoga illuminates your life. It is a light that cannot be dimmed. – BKS Iyengar
14. True meditation is better than experience. It teaches you the art of tolerance. You learn to handle challenges and discomfort. – Craig Hamilton.
15. Do not copy the world. Be different to exert your influence. – Joseph Mburu.
16. Mediation offers you three qualities that you will not acquire in any other way. You get gentleness, precision and the power to let go. – Pema Chodron.
17. To get inner peace, never allow another person to take charge of your emotions. – Pema Chodron.
18. Yoga enables you to follow your nature. In spite of the greatness of our teachers, we need to learn to uncover our own pose. – Judith Hanson Lasater.
19. Create a habit of daily pratyahara. Enter into a daily savasana state. Learn to enjoy life on a daily basis. – Judith Hanson Lasater.
20. Movement is a big boost to the body. Stillness works wonders for the mind. Sakyong Mipham.
21. Treat your soul with care. It is your bosom friend. Feed and nurture it with love. – Ashourina Yalda
22. Do not be irritated by every rub. Otherwise, you may never polish your mirror! – Rumi
23. Yoga is all about practice. Theory only takes 1% of it. Go ahead and practice. – Sri Krishna Pattabhi Jois.
24. Yoga gives the world the much-needed energy. – @laurenmacyoga
25. Yoga enables you to examine yourself very intimately. – The Bhagavad Gita.
26. Exhale the past as you inhale the future. That’s yoga for you! – Unknown
27. When you fail to turn up for practice, do not blame your body. Blame your mind. – Sri Krishna Pattabhi Jois
28. Life is not the same for all of us. Some have added a healthy dose of courage. – Yogi Bhajan
29. Listen to yourself. Let everything come naturally. Let it come from the inside. Be sensitive to your environment. Yoga enables you to do this. – Petri Raise.
30. Yoga is not all about repetition of postures. Rather, it is about exploration, discovery, and the understanding of life itself. – Amit Ray.
31. Yoga is a practice. We have to continually practice to gain its value. – Peace Pilgrim.
32. Your body is designed to feel extremely good. You ought to discover this. – Kevin Trudeau
33. If you are looking to be inspired, look within you. If you are looking to remain focused, to make you happy, look within. – Joseph Mburu
34. Yoga is a calming of the mind. It is not just about standing on your head. – Swami Satchidananda
35. Everything in this world is linked. Yoga will teach you that. – Desikachar
36. Free your body by quieting your mind. – BSK Iyengar
37. Are you curious about whom you really are? Yoga has the answers. – Jason Crandell
38. The better you practice yoga, the better your life will glow. – BSK Iyengar
39. Although it originated in India, yoga has universal methods and purpose. – Tara Fraser
40. Yoga does not rely on a specific deity and faith. Neither does it hinge on a specific culture. It depends on the individual. – Tara Fraser.
41. Do you want to discover the Fountain of Youth? You are as young as you can make your spine flexible. – Bob Harper.
42. To the modern westerner, yoga is a means to keep fit, improve their health and develop spiritually. – Tara Fraser
43. As you touch your toes during yoga practice, there is a lot you learn on the way down. – Jigar Gor
44. Your pose only begins when you want to quit. – Baron Baptiste
45. Yoga allows you to shine awareness into all the dark corners of your body. – Jason Crandell
46. If there is something you need to cure, turn to yoga. If you want to endure that which you cannot cure, turn to yoga. – BKS Iyengar
47. Life exists in the present moment. This is where yoga takes you. – Joseph Mburu
48. Don’t equate yoga with tightening your bottoms. Rather, think of it as taking your head from your ass. – Eric Paskel
49. Yoga teaches you to balance control and surrender. – Joel Kramer
50. Yoga teaches you how to explore your wellbeing. – Joel Kramer
51. Yoga invigorates your soul. It cures your brokenness. _ Ymber Delecto
52. Yoga imparts confidence and self-control.- Ymber Delecto
53. A flower never competes with the flower next to it. It just grows to the best of its ability. – Zen Shin
54. Convince your mind that your body can do it. – @quotefit
55. Yoga does not make us transcend our lives. It puts us in tune with our everyday responsibilities. – Danna Farhi.
56. The entire universe resides in your body. You should never be lonely. – Rumi
57. You live in your body. Take care of it! – Jim Rohn
58. If we all practiced yoga, the world would know peace. – Rory Freedman
59. The present determines the future. – Mahatma Gandhi
60. Yoga teaches you to do things with attention to your feeling. – Jean Couch
61. Yoga changes how we see the world. – BKS Iyengar
62. Yoga teaches you to overcome stresses. Your struggles are lightened. – BKS Iyengar
63. Yoga allows you to live an unrestricted life. It removes all blockages from your heart, mind, and body. – Cybele Tomlinson.
64. Asana enables us to use posture to understand and change ourselves. – BKS Iyengar.
65. If you want to listen to your body ever so closely, try yoga. – Mariel Hemingway.
Yoga Quotes To Motivate you
Most yoga classes involve affirmative mantras. They also end with quotes on positivity and mindfulness. I hope the above yoga quotes will provide the motivation you need to continue practicing.